How to Get Testimonials from Your Learners After an Online Class
Don’t like to toot your own horn? It’s definitely better when someone else brags about you, than to brag about yourself.
But…let’s say you’ve just delivered a “Perfect 10” presentation. Who’s going to know about your amazing skills unless you ask for a review? We’ve got you covered with our three tips on getting testimonials for your website below.
1. Immediately after an online presentation, give a link to a survey.
- First thing’s first: Create the survey and have it ready as a link in your presentation. Be sure you leave open space in the survey for people to write out their thoughts about your presentation.
- Once you’ve finished presenting, the material will be fresh in people’s minds. Act quickly and ask them to fill out the survey then. If you wait to send the survey link in an email later, they may not do it.
- Work with your web developer to post your reviews on your site.
A quick word on permissions here: Be sure to ask permission to post a person’s review and name on your site. Some people would rather stay anonymous but will still allow the review to post.
2. Allow people to review your class on your social media channels.
- Immediately after your presentation, thank people and give them your social media review links on the chat. Ask them to write a quick review before leaving the meeting. Don’t just say, “Review us on social.” Give the link ready to click.
- If the feedback isn’t what you expected, learn from it for your future presentations. If you reply to negative feedback, remember that how you respond is part of the feedback other people see as well.
3. Get your business testimonials on video.
- Ask two or three volunteers to do a quick, 30-second testimonial video after the presentation. Turn on the record feature and catch them one at a time, or all at once. Whatever makes more sense. If you need to, edit the videos with an editing tool like Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Be ready: When people say yes to this type of testimonial, don’t make them wait. It’s great to let your future learners see that a person who attended your class really enjoyed it.
- Don’t forget to get their permission to post their testimonial on your site.
Who Are We?
We are Miranda Park Learning, your instructional design experts. When you need to create online training or webinars for your team, contact us. We’ll help you set up the right webinar or online training systems for your team.
Picture: Celpax from Unsplash
This blog was written by Miranda Park Learning and has been verified unique by Copyscape